Greg Lam: Meet the Playwright
In anticipation of the third episode, coming out on Monday, September 4, let's get to know the playwright of Repossessed, Greg Lam.
The following is a long but by no means complete lists of things that are true about Greg Lam:
- He has self-published a children's book called In Other Words, which features sentences stuffed with homophones (words that sound like other words), like "The Lying Lions Lie in Lines."
- He has had short plays selected for The Boston Theatre Marathon six times.
- At no point did the companies who produced his short plays for the Boston Theatre Marathon ever ask to see a full length play.
- His works have been produced by Company One, Aching Dogs Theatre Company, The Boston Theatre Marathon, The Pulp Stage, Malarkey Films, Argali Films, Suffolk University Theatre, Shadow Boxing Theatre, and others.
- His play Repossessed is scheduled to be read in 2017 at Fresh Ink Theatre in Boston on November 16, Pork Filled Players in Seattle on November 1, and was read at The Depot reading series in Connecticut earlier this summer.
- He started to learn how to podcast about 9 months ago.
- He has co-authored a board game published by a company in Russia.
- In English he has self-published a line of board games since 2001, publishing 11 games and making the Games Magazine GAMES 100 four times.
- A constantly updated version of a play he wrote in 1994 has been performed annually from then until now at his alma mater, 23 straight years.
- He was featured in a feature length documentary on board game designers.
- An improv group in Austin, TX named themselves after Greg's college knickname randomly. He was half a continent away and completely unaware of the chain of events that led to it.
- It honestly wasn't planned that way, but his birthday is two days after the release of his episode of the podcast.
- Greg Lam & Friends has been entertaining West Virginia with their brand of authentic Bluegrass music for decades.
- OK, that last one's a cheat. It is true that there's a Greg Lam & Friends bluegrass group, but it is a older Caucasian gent and not the one who wrote Repossessed, who is technically Asian.
- He created a feature length comedy webseries called The Ex-Factor about formerly dating podcasters which you can see online.
- Greg wrote a number of goofy TV and movie themed quizzes for the popular Extra Hot Great podcast.
- You can hire Greg to design your printed materials, web site, or even to teach you how to podcast. See his web site at pair-of-dice.com for info about all of his endeavors.
- You can follow Greg at @pairofdicegreg.
- You can see various works of his that have been filmed on this YouTube playlist.